OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:15:27 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to send out a reminder about the "World Series of Atlasing"
event that is being planned for June 19-21 down at Burr Oak State Park and
surrounding region.  What is involved in the event?

#1 The main goal of the competition is to attract many teams of 2-3 birders
that will canvas the surrounding counties for breeding birds.

#2 Teams will fan out to randomly assigned territories of 2 atlas blocks.

#3 Prizes will be awarded to the teams with the highest scores in specific
scoring categories.

Please contact us if you have any questions about participating, how the
weekend will progress, or info on accommodations.

We would like to start creating a list of participants so that we can plan
accordingly.  If you would like to be a team leader and organize a World
Series team, please contact us right away.

If you would like to participate but aren't sure about organizing a team,
let us know and we can place you with an appropriate group.  You do not need
to be an "expert" birder in order to participate.  Competition inquiries
should be directed to Aaron Boone, OBBA2 Project Coordinator
([log in to unmask] OR 614.247.6458).

If you are interested in participating in this event, please try and contact
me with your intentions before April 15th.  We look forward to hearing from
everyone interested in what should prove to be a very exciting weekend of
birding!

Aaron Boone

Project Coordinator

Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas II