OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Alicia Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alicia Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:12:24 -0400
Just an update that the Horned Grebe in mostly complete breeding plumage
has still been in the hospital pond each day this week, four days in a row
as of yesterday afternoon. And it is still the only bird there, except for
two Canada Geese that are always in the grass. So it definitely stands
out, though it is quite a little bird and often dives or is near the edge.

The pond is located in front of the new, 4-story hospital addition behind
the older part of Fisher-Titus Medical Center in Norwalk. I gave more
specific directions in my initial post from Tuesday. And I meant to post
an update earlier, but it slipped my mind as this week has been very busy.

Have a great weekend,
Alicia Elmer