OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:22:57 EDT
This afternoon (Saturday) Al LaSala and I monitored nest boxes at Char-Mar
Preservation Park and then made a quick stop at Area M of the Hoover Nature
Preserve. Things were generally quiet but what we did see was more than
satisfying.

At Char-Mar Al tended to the Bluebird nest boxes, then we walked the trail
and stopped to monitor the condition of the Prothonotary Warbler nest boxes at
the small lake. While there we enjoyed watching Green-winged Teal,
Blue-winged  Teal, Gadwall and Wood Duck.

From the boardwalk at Area M of the Hoover Nature Preserve we observed
Common Loon,   Pied-billed Grebe, Double-crested Cormorant, the Osprey  near their
nest platform and as we were starting to leave we spotted the  American White
Pelican feeding along the west shore slightly south of Area  K.

Charlie Bombaci

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make meals for Under
$10. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002)