OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:36:40 -0400
Bob Lane has already written about the outstanding "Shreve Migration
Sensation" held yesterday, but I wanted to add my praise for the organizers
of this wonderful event.  This was my first time to attend (I had had
schedule conflicts the last three years), but it definitely won't be my last
time.  Everything about this event is done well, and it sure brings in the
crowds:  900 people attending this year!  Nine hundred people getting
together to celebrate birds!  Kim and I were especially pleased to see so
many young people taking part in the day's activities, ranging all the way
from kids who had never looked at a bird before to top-notch teenaged bird
experts like Phil Chaon and Ethan Kistler.  In fact, it seemed like one of
the themes of the day was the mix of top birding experts and brand-new
beginners, with everyone getting along and sharing the excitement about
birds.  What a great way to bring new people into birding.  My hearty
congratulations and thanks to Joe Edinger, Su Snyder, and everyone else
involved in putting on this spectacular event.

Kenn Kaufman
Oak Harbor, Ohio