OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Bill Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:39:43 -0400
Hello all, This is a first time post from me and just wanted to introduce myself. I work along the
Mosquito Creek in Trumbull County and thought I would post here occasionally. The area that I work
in is swamp/deciduous forest with tons of deadwood. We have a Great Blue Heron rookery here with
approximately 50 nests which are all occupied now. Most Woodpeckers are represented.
Pileated,Hairy,Downy,Red-bellied and Red-headed. Today we had about 50 American Tree Swallows
feeding over our water tanks which breed some type of fly all winter. The Eastern Phoebe returns
here like the Buzzards at Hinkley...lol. Come mid Summer there is the return of Cedar Wax Wing in
huge numbers. Anyway I look forward to your mail from around the state and if you have any
questions about my area feel free to ask, Bill