OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Greg Links <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:39:10 +0000
Dorothy, Dave et al -

My first thought would be a female Purple Finch.  They can look awfully similar to a RB grosbeak, especially if it sits alone without the benefit of relative size comparisons.  And, a female Purple Finch at this season is not only possible, but quite likely.

Greg Links

Somewhere near Toledo

www.toledobirding.blogspot.com