OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Helen Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:17:09 -0500
This afternoon we found one Eurasian wigeon along with about 60 American
wigeon at Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area in Wayne County.  It was in the
pond north of Clark Road and east of Valley Road--see map of the
wildlife area at
** <http://tiny.cc/2ZvMv>
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/WildlifeAreaMaps/NortheastOhioWildlifeAreaMaps/KillbuckMarshWildlifeArea/tabid/19773/Default.aspx

More info on Killbuck is at the OOS website at
http://www.ohiobirds.org/birdingsites/showsite.php?Site_ID=9

There wasn't a lot of waterfowl at Killbuck, though there were 10 tundra
swans, a few dabblers, killdeer and gulls at the Shreve Fish Pond,
across  Hwy 226 from the Wright Marsh parking area, on Kister Road, just
north of Willow Road.   There were more waterfowl (and several bald
eagles) at Funk Bottoms,
http://www.ohiobirds.org/birdingsites/showsite.php?Site_ID=8, but the
water there has receded some and many birds are a distance from the
viewing platform and the roads of the area--scopes most helpful.

Helen and Ken Ostemiller

 ** <http://tiny.cc/qaP9B> ** <http://tiny.cc/qaP9B>**
<http://tiny.cc/qaP9B> ** <http://tiny.cc/qaP9B>