OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:47:49 -0500
Tonight while running errands in the area of Sawmill Rd and Hard Rd about
8:45pm I heard the familiar "Peent".  I had to find it...since I could not
make it to Highbanks for their Woodcock program.  At the south/west corner
is Lifestyle Fitness and there is a strip of thin woods around the
perimeter.  The woodcock was in the SW corner of Sawmill and Hard Rd
carrying on for all he was worth.  I used to hear and see them west on Hard
across from Dublin Scioto High School but a housing development pushed them
out.

It was very loud over traffic and I wandered if anyone else heard it and
wandered what it was.  Always a nice 'gift' to have 'nature' surprises when
running errands.

Darlene Sillick
Powell, Ohio
(just south of Delaware Cty)