From:
Sheryl Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 00:11:36 EDT
Weather was lousy, but I am very glad I went to Magee today.  Fox  Sparrows
were abundant.  I often had two or three together in my field of  view.
Occasionally, I heard one sing a few notes.   Another memorable sight was a small
tree that had fallen into the  canal that runs south of the boardwalk.  Roosting
in the few branches above  the water were at least 100 tree swallows
sheltering from the wind.  I was  pleased that I was able to slowly walk past them
without disturbing them.

There was a nice selection of waterfowl today.  Magee, Benton  Caroll Rd.,
and Metzger gave me a total of 18 species of waterfowl, and I had a  total of 61
species for the day.  I have copied my eBird report of the  Magee Marsh
portion of my day below (if you want specifics from the other  locations let me
know).  The only additional shorebirds I saw were Greater  Yellowlegs at Benton
Caroll.  Other birds of interest (at least to me) were  a field sparrow by the
Ottawa observation deck on Krause Rd and a lone Tundra  Swan (close enough to
see the yellow on its bill so I am certain of my ID) at  Metzger.

Sheryl Young
Sandusky

Location: Magee Marsh Wildlife Area (Ottawa Co.)
Observation  date:     4/6/09

Number of species:     47

Canada  Goose     X
Wood Duck      X