From:
Sherrie Duris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:18:52 -0400
Birders-

FYI

I?spoke with two people at the Port Authority today regarding the Mountain Bluebird spot along Wilkins & 295.? As of now, birders do have permission to park along Wilkins just south of the 295 curve on the west side of the road, as long as they are off the road.? However, the?officer made it clear that they?will not tolerate people walking on the property, parking on 295, or stopping and blocking traffic.? ?As long as everyone cooperates, there should be no problem. ?I explained to the officers the significance of the Mountain Bluebird sighting and they were very nice.

Birders?usually get chased out of this area by the Port Authority,?so?they are making this rare sighting?an exception.? I told them I would relay the message about the parking to the birding community.

I?posted a?short video on Rarebird.org of the Mountain Bluebird and there are some great photos taken by others.?What a gorgeous bird!
?

Good Birding!

Sherrie Duris
(Bird Girl)