Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:15:46 -0400
Greetings,

I woke up this morning to the sound of a screaming alarm clock and the pitter patter of rain on the roof.  I checked the radar which looked really iffy.  But today would have been the only day that I could have made it up to Toledo to see the Mountain Bluebird...The only place in Ohio that didn't rain was the last 30 miles of my trip up to Lucas County. :-)

The Mountain Bluebird  didn't disappoint. I and about 15 other birders were there just enjoying the morning.  We didn't have many Port Authority vehicles come by.  But the views that we were getting from the locals were..priceless. :-)  We did have one stop and ask what in the world we were looking at, So someone trained their scope on the bird and show them.  They seemed to be impressed with the little bird as much as we were.

If you haven't gone, make plans, to echo Sue's post, it's well worth it.

AND that little thing can hide right in plain sight to BTW. :-) At one point it was twenty yards in front of us and no one saw it.

A tip from a fellow birder sent me over to Oak Openings to find a Pine Warbler. There were two over at the feeders at the nature center.

Other birds viewed were 6 Pine Siskins, 2 Downys, 12 or so Gold Finches, and  1 Female Purple Finch. All at the feeders. And 6-10 Meadowlarks over where the Bluebird is.

Posted some pics on the OOS Forum.  Here is the link: http://www.ohiobirds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1058 .

Happy Birding and God Bless

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)
Blog: http://sjlarueslenses.blogspot.com/

Genesis 1.20

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."