From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:46:57 -0400
An Audubon's (yellow-rumped) warbler and a "yellow" palm warbler were found
at Lake Metroparks Veteran's Park in Mentor, Lake County this morning.  I
was able to get over there a little after noon and was able to easily
relocate both.  If anyone visited the area last year when a different
Audubon's was present, the Audubon's was at the same general location.  If
you check the trail map (see the PDF link below), it was seen along the east
side of the lake from near the bathroom south to the accessible marsh
overlook platform.  The yellow palm warbler was seen near the bluebird boxes
along the trail leading to Mallard Point.  Near Mallard Point there was also
a yellow-throated warbler.  I saw the palm warbler only briefly when I got
there, but I got to see the Audubon's was twice.  Someone else saw the
Audubon's around 2:00 near the overlook.  See the link below for directions
to the park, and the PDF link for directions to where the birds were seen

The Audubon's is a western stray, the yellow palm warbler is an eastern
stray, and the yellow-throated warbler is a southern stray, go figure.

http://www.lakemetroparks.com/select-park/veterans-park.shtml

http://www.lakemetroparks.com/parks/VPTrailMap.pdf

John Pogacnik
4765 Lockwood Road