From:
Nick Boutis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Boutis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2009 11:55:21 -0400
Hi folks,

A warm, bordering on hot morning for today's bird walk in the north
section of Glen Helen.  We didn't find the vast array of migrants we were
hoping to see, but we did end up with a good, representative list.

Upcoming bird walks include
Sunday, May 3rd -- 8:00 am
Saturday, May 9th -- Make it Count for the Birds, our 24 hour count.  Last
year we found 88 species in Glen Helen.  Complete list of organized hikes
at glenhelen.org

And now, the morning list:
Great blue heron
Wood duck
Mallard
Canada goose
Turkey vulture
Cooper's hawk
Mourning dove
Eastern screech-owl
Great-horned owl (young, in nest cavity)
Belted kingfisher
Red-belied woodpecker
Downy woodpecker
Hairy woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker
Eastern phoebe
Great-crested flycatcher (not on our walk, but reported elsewhere this
morning in Glen Helen)
Blue jay
American crow
Carolina chickadee
Tufted titmouse
White-breasted nuthatch
Carolina wren
Ruby-crowned kinglet
Blue-gray gnatcatcher
Wood thrush
American robin
European starling
Black-throated green warbler
Yellow-rumped warbler
Yellow-throated warbler
Louisiana waterthrush
Northern cardinal
Eastern towhee
Chipping sparrow
White-throated sparrow
American goldfinch
Brown-headed cowbird
Baltimore oriole (not on our walk, but reported elsewhere this morning in
Glen Helen)
Red-winged blackbird

-Nick

Nick Boutis