From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 21:22:36 -0400
There was not a huge number of birds moving, but variety was decent.
Red-breasted mergansers were the most common bird.  Unlike last week, there
were no large flocks. Instead there were frequent flocks of 10-20 birds.
Birds of note were 2 black scoters, 1 long-tailed duck, and an Iceland gull.
Last night when I came home from work there were a lot of Bonaparte's gulls
flying by.  Today I saw one bird.

At the feeders there were about a dozen pine siskins and a single redpoll.
there were also a few fox sparrows and a towhee.

Also of note.  A friend of mine living in Madison, Lake County photographed
a YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER at his feeder this morning, great bird..

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey
North Perry, Lake County
April 4, 2009, 700-900
Weather- cloudy to clear