From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:01:30 -0700
I kept close to  home and went to Wildwood State Park on the east side of Cleveland Sat & Sun & Sims Park in Euclid on Saturday but didn't get there real early.  While I only saw six species of warblers I found many new birds for me this weekend.   Here are some of the birds I saw:

Great Egrets 2 flyover (Sun)
Great Blue Heron 1 (always present), Green Heron 1 both days
Belted Kingfisher 1 (always present)
Northern Flickers - many
N. Rough-winged Swallows & Barn Swallows
Ruby-crowned Kinglets
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers - many heard some seen
Swainson's Thrush 2 (Sat)
Hermit Thrush 4-5
Gray Catbirds 4 (more on Sat)
Brown Thrashers 2 (sat)
Blue-winged Warblers 2 (on Sun)  picture
Yellow Warblers - more each day
Yellow-rumped Warblers 2-3
Black-throated Green Warbler 1 (sat)
Common Yellowthroat 1m (sat)
Hooded Warbler 1 m (sat) picture
Eastern Towhees 3
Chipping Sparrows - few
Savannah Sparrow 1 (sat)
Swamp Sparrow 1 (sat)
White-throated Sparrows - very numerous Sat
Baltimore Oriole 1 (Sunday)

Sims Park 4/25
Caspian Tern 1
Hermit Thrush 4