Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:49:08 -0400
Monday, April 27--Didn't arrive here until 12:30 p.m.? On the road (70 to 675 to 35 to 23 to 52) saw about 22 species.? Usually in the afternoon it is pretty slow at Shawnee for us.? Had a good number of warblers and various others.? Nothing like Kani; hope to do better tomorrow morning.? If you come down 23 to Rt. 52, the bridge over?the Scioto River had a colony of nesting cliff swallows and their friends, barn swallows, rough-wings, trees, etc.? Also two stray egrets.

At Moore's Lane there is a giant 'puddle' where we had greater and lesser yellowlegs, solitary sp., pectoral sp., semi-palmated sp., horned larks, killdeer, and pipits.? Also seen along Moore's Lane were common yellowthroat, tree and barn swallows, eastern phoebe, brown thrasher, savannah sparrow, and eastern towhee.

At Shawnee we had:

Warblers:
?? Yellow
?? Cerulean
?? Black and white
?? Worm-eating
?? Yellow-throated
?? Kentucky
?? Hooded
?? Prairie
?? Chestnut-sided

Ruby-throated hummingbird
Cedar waxwing
Baltimore and orchard orioles
Eastern kingbird
Red-eyed vireo
Gray catbird
Green heron
Mallard
Killdeer
Eastern phoebe
American redstart
Ovenbird
Scarlet tanager
Rose-breasted grosbeak
Louisiana waterthrush
Yellow-breasted chat
Red-eyed vireo
Northern flicker

Hope to do better tomorrow.? The wildfires seem to be under control now !!!

Ed and Bev Neubauer
Englewood, Ohio