From:
Nancy Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:35:11 -0400
WOW,

Things are really terrific bird-wise.  It is nice to see what visits the
yard in Middleburg Hts.  Last Tuesday, April 21 was a Pine Warbler at the
suet feeder/peanuts.

Yesterday, April 28 in a brief span of about ½ an hour, between about 6:45
and 7:15 PM it was birdy bonanza.

First I noticed the gravel driveway appearing as though it were moving … had
to be 25 to 30 White-throated Sparrows bopping around, 2 Song Sparrows
(locals) and 12 Chipping Sparrows.

At the thistle feeders the American Goldfinch were glowing, even the females
are brighter.  Add a couple of cherry colored House Finch and a couple more
Chipping Sparrows, 2 Pine Siskin and 2 Mourning Dove

Move to the sunflower feeder and wow – a female Eastern Towhee and 2 male
Indigo Bunting as well as assorted House Finch, American Goldfinch and
Chipping Sparrows

Lastly, the peanut feeder – oh my gosh – a Yellow-throated Warbler picking
at the peanuts.  The first Yellow-throated Warbler for the yard.  He was
glorious.  Hope he decides the sycamores along Baldwin Creek across the
street would make a great place to settle, got to keep my eyes and ears
open.

Get out and enjoy … or enjoy your feeders!