From:
Adam Cirone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Cirone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:09:08 -0400
This morning I visited Blendon Woods Metro Park in Northeast Columbus
with my roommate. The rain had just let up when we arrived, and we saw
the following birds along the path to the waterfowl viewing blinds...

Black-billed Cuckoo (in the trees nearby the view blinds)
Palm Warbler (several near the right view blind, back in the woods)
Eastern Phoebe (perching in a tree on the left side of the right
viewing blind)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Towhee (near the nature center)
House Wren (several along the trails, one near the nature center)
Wood Duck (pair of males on the lake)
Yellow-rumped Warbler
White-throated Sparrow
Great Blue Heron
Tree Swallow
Gray Catbird
Downy Woodpecker (there is a nest in a tree close to the trail)
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Brown-headed Cowbird
Red-winged Blackbird
Song Sparrow
American Goldfinch
Carolina Chickadee
Northern Cardinal
Tufted Titmouse
American Robin
Blue Jay
Canada Goose
House Sparrow
Mallard

At the nature center, we also saw these birds...

Blue Grosbeak (I think... I know that someone else saw one there, but
it could have been an Indigo Bunting, because I didn't get a great look)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Wild Turkey (two males displaying in the woods... you could see them
from the window)
Red-eyed Vireo
Mourning Dove

Adam Cirone