From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:51:45 -0400
An interesting observation yesterday relating to Northern Orioles.  We saw
our first-ever (for the yard) Northern Oriole in our yard and it was hanging
on the new YELLOW hummingbird feeder, drinking from one of the RED plastic
flowers!  Any thoughts on this behavior?

I split an orange and put the halves on two different 'shepherds hook'
feeder poles as another attractant (only because I read heard this on the
'list' so many times.  We only eat strawberry preserves so I did not have
any grape jelly to put out (that's all we had as kids and I have committed
to never eat the stuff again!!).  Anyway, no return visit today that we saw
but we were in-and-out during the day.   Hope it comes back!

Matt Valencic
Chagrin Falls, OH