From:
Philip Marcischak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Marcischak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:46:39 -0400
We visited Misquito Creek on Sunday and each time we go, we are a little
more impressed with the area.

We saw:
Ring-Necked Ducks
Wood Ducks
Red Head
Cormorant
Pied-Billed Grebe
Bufflehead
Gadwall
Green Winged Teal
Blue Winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
American Wigeon
Hooded Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Northern Harrier (mostly females, but one male)
Red Tail Hawk
Red Shoulder Hawk
Bald Eagle (witnessed one swooping down for a duck, but missed)
Kestrel
Wild Turkey (two fanned out, first for us to see)
Tree Swallow
Killdeer
Eastern Bluebird
Chickadee (usually only see those at our feeder)
Carolina Wren
Nuthatch
Towhee (female)
Rusty Blackbird

Of course we saw the usual:  Crows, Turkey Vultures, Mallards, Canada
Geese, Robins, Red-Winged Blackbirds, Song Sparrows.

The ditches were full of beavers and muskrats.

Stopped by LaDue Reservoir on our way home:
Coots
Red-Breasted Merganser
Loons (it was after 7 p.m. and they were calling and it was great to hear)
Great Blue Heron
Pied-Billed Grebe
Bald Eagle

Monday night under our feeder.