From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:15:18 -0400
Troy Shively just called, reporting a long-billed dowitcher in Logan Co,
along Twp Rd 33 where Co Rd 11 intersects. This flooded field also has
snipes, killdeers, and least sandpipers. Long-bills tend to use the
central flyway well to our west in their hurried journey to the breeding
grounds in spring, so they are rare in spring in Ohio. Perhaps
persistent west winds moved this one off course; they are worth looking
for now. Short-billed dowitchers probably won't show up here till late
next month.
Bill Whan
Columbus