From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 2009 18:19:29 -0700
I was at Wildwood State Park on the east side of Cleveland on Lake Erie late this morning and then later in the afternoon.  I heard a warbler call I didn't recognize at first until I saw a PROTHONOTARY WARBLER in the trees above the west side of Euclid Creek, 120 feet south of the bathhouse.  It kept calling moving south in the trees above the water for about 10 mins and then I never heard it again.  I suppose I should of gotten there earlier. I have never seen this species at Wildwood before and he was only a migrant.

Only other warblers seen or heard were Blackpoll, American Redstart and the usual Yellows and Common Yellowthroats.  It is very buggy here and the Cedar Waxwings have very fat bellies.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/