From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 14:41:47 -0400
After a wonderful 107 species day on Saturday at the super gathering at Magee Marsh/Ottawa NWR; we returned to our peaceful corner of Ohio and visited the Depot Road Marsh at Guilford Lake Sunday evening about 6PM. The previously reported male Canvasback was still present, the whereabouts of the female is unknown. The following is a list of the highlights from Depot Road: Double-crested Cormorant 12 American Bittern 1 Green Heron 3 Mute Swan 4 American Wigeon 1 pair Blue-winged Teal 1 pair Canvasback 1 male Virginia Rail 3 Common Moorhen 1 American Coot 2 Forster's Tern 1 Marsh Wren 20+ Swamp Sparrow 5+ Note: Our favorite sighting at the Magee Marsh Boardwalk was a Commom Nighthawk resting on a tree limb! Bob and Denise Lane