Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 20:47:56 EDT
Since our first sighting of an immature pine siskin on Sunday afternoon
around 5 p.m., we have acquired a five-member family.  Apparently, ma, pa,
and three young'uns.  Yeah, really, five today hanging on a six-occupant
thistle feeder.  The young ones frequently come to the birdbath to  drink.  The
two adults are quite aggressive, driving away goldfinches,  house finches,
grackles, house sparrows, cardinals, etc. when the young are  feeding or
drinking.  This all seems very odd since we hadn't seen any  siskins for at
least two months.  There are many evergreens in  our neighborhood.  Is it
possible they nested around here or are just  passers-by ?  Whatever the case,
this is certainly exciting.  We are  still trying to get pictures, but the
young have lost most of their down  feathers.

Ed and Bev Neubauer   F8 at 250th
Englewood, Ohio
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322936x1201367173/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd