From:
Sean Artman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Artman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 10:55:50 -0400
Took the dog out to do his bidness this morning, heard something new
and went back for the binoculars. It turned out to be a Tennessee
Warbler, nice song, kind of plain for a warbler, but I've never seen
one! The resident Yellow Warblers and Common Yellowthroats were all
over the place, and our Blue-winged Warbler was also present. A
Nashville Warbler and a Magnolia Warbler were in the same bush. At the
same time a bunch of Cedar Waxings were hanging around on an apple
tree, observed courtship feeding between pairs. On the way back to the
house, a Green Heron that was hunting in the goldfish pond flew up
into the trees. (An hour later the goldfish are still hiding at the
bottom of the pond.)

Other birds seen/heard:
American Goldfinch
Eastern Wood-Pewee