From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 19:06:56 -0700
I stopped at Wildwood State Park on the east side of Cleveland later in the afternoon today form 2 to 5:30pm.  I friend of mine saw 16 or 17 warbler species Friday so I thought I better go over there as it was birdy today.  Wildwood is on Lakeshore Blvd & E. 174th St.  I spent most of my time on the part that some people call the Villa Angela Area.  Since it was later I am sure I missed a lot.  Here are my highlights:

Green Heron - 1
Least Flycatchers - several, Great-crested - heard
Red-eye & Warbling Vireos
Barn Swallows - many
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Gray-checked Thrush 1
Wood Thrush 3
Swainsons Thrush -  4

Warblers:
GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER 1 (male)
Tennessee
Yellow & Common Yellowthroat
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia - numerous
Black-throated Blue 2 & Black-throated Green 1
Yellow-rumped
Palm
Bay-breasted
Blackpoll
American Redstart - many
Ovenbird 1
Northern Waterthrush 1

I saw the Golden-winged around 3:50 and then 4:15 and then again around 5pm.  I was on the path leading out of the main woods that runs into the big log and driftwood the park people brought up form the beach.  It would get lost in the trees on the east side of the path and then twice on the left side of the path.  It seemed to like the silver maple leaves and kept returning to the same area so I would sometimes wait on some of the logs if I wasn't circling around as I just couldn't seem to get a picture fast enough.  I did get some blurry pictures.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/