From:
"Kramer, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kramer, Dan
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 13:30:02 -0400
This sighting was Saturday, May 16, and involved a rescued bird from
downtown Cleveland.  Additional sightings are unlikely.  My apologies
for dashing anyone's initial hope and excitement over this post.

A Kirtland's warbler was picked up near public square in downtown
Cleveland on Saturday morning May 16.  It was the apparent victim of a
window strike or some other debilitating event.  It was taken to the
Lake Erie Nature and Science Center in Bay Village and presented to
their wildlife rehabilitation center.  The center called me (as the
local Division of Wildlife contact) to report this endangered species in
their possession as required by their permit.  The bird had fully
recovered by this time and no further treatment was necessary.  This
bird was released at the center.  It was not banded and no other details
(sex of bird) are available.

Dan Kramer

Akron <mailto:[log in to unmask]>