From:
"Witter, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Witter, Jim
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 15:06:36 -0400
Hello everybody,

Here is the monthly bird census for Magee Marsh, conducted on Tuesday,
May 19. I would have liked to stay out longer, but a 2nd grade group
beckoned back at the bird center. The highlights were a Kirtland's
warbler (reported about 30 min after I passed through) and a Little Blue
Heron seen along the causeway near the 2nd gravel pull-off heading
towards the boardwalk. The Kirtland's has apparently been hanging around
for a couple days, as it was reported today around noon. A couple
Mourning warblers and a Connecticut warbler were on the boardwalk.

Jim Witter

Seasonal naturalist

Magee Marsh Wildlife Area

Wood duck

Mallard

Double-crested cormorant

Least bittern (heard on walking trail near Bird Center)

Great blue heron

Great egret

Snowy egret

Little blue heron