From:
Hildegard Bingen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hildegard Bingen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 2009 12:46:23 -0700
Somehow, our wrens and chickadees are managing to live in some semblance of peace now.  There were 4 chickadee chicks last time I peeked.  Wow, are they tiny little mouths.  Chickadee parents are so quick to dive into the box entrance that if I blink I miss them.  The wrens must be getting close to having chicks because they’re buzzing my head when I walk across the garden.

We also have bluebirds about fifty feet from the wren box.  They’re in a woodpecker hole in an old snag in the middle of skunk cabbage in the moist area around our creek.  This morning we saw a bluebird checking out a nest box in our front yard, so we’re wondering if the current brood is done.

The juncos raised one nestling under our eave and it is now either fledged or….  The parents started revamping the nest this morning and doing mating behavior, so we’re looking forward to another show.

Pat