Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 11:55:53 -0400
Greetings one and all.

This week has been a week of watching the Sparrows and Robins chase other birds off of their territory.  But on the way to town yesterday, I saw three Egrets over on one of the newer ponds over on 95. Close to New Bloomington.  Last year there was one that hung around most of the summer...maybe it's a trend???

The Male House Finches at my feeder are now have a brilliant deep red coloring and are begging to be photographed!! :-)

I went to the Amish Greenhouse just outside of Larue and was treated to a Chipping Sparrow that had built it's nest on a flat of flowers!  The Owners of the Greenhouse thought that it was a wren or finch, but the sparrow that built the nest landed on it and I was able to ID it for them.

They also have 3 Martin houses that are almost fully stocked with Martins. There was also a Robin that chose to build it's nest in a strange spot.  She built it under a hay mover.  I was able to get  right up on it and take a few pictures while the momma was out getting more food for the hungry mouths.

In a couple of weeks he is going to need the piece of equipment so he is agoing to move the nest over to another piece of equipment close by.  Hopefully the mother Robin will like the change.

Photos of the chipping sparrow nest and Robins are here: http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/sjlarue/Birds/

Have a great week!

Happy Birding and God bless.

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)
Blog: http://sjlarueslenses.blogspot.com/

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

(Matthew 10.29-31)