From:
Brenda Tekin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Tekin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 10:13:56 -0400
On Tuesday, May 19, 2009, while on a guided tour of Ottawa NWR, our group,
affiliated with the Augusta Bird Club, Augusta County, Virginia, first
located and accurately identified the immature male RUFF in an area we
dubbed “Laura’s Place.”   (This is in all likelihood the same Ruff spotted
by Iain Campbell (BSBO/Tropical Birding) reported 3 days later on May 22.)
In this same area where the RUFF was first located, our group also located a
RED-NECKED PHALAROPE that was too distant for decent images.

For the majority in our group, this was their first birding trip to Ohio to
experience spring migration at its finest.  The discovery of the RUFF on our
last full day in the area was certainly the crème de la crème.

Web links to three RUFF images:

Image 1:
http://www.birdsofvirginia.com/ImageLinks/LakeEerie/Ruff-LE_Link.html

Image 2:
http://www.birdsofvirginia.com/ImageLinks/LakeEerie/Ruff2-LE_Link.html

Image 3:
http://www.birdsofvirginia.com/ImageLinks/LakeEerie/Ruff3-LE_Link.html

Brenda Tekin, Stuarts Draft, VA - www.birdsofvirginia.com
<http://www.birdsofvirginia.com/>

Blue Mountains Nature Photography, including Birds of Virginia
 <BLOCKED::mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] / Cell:
(434) 962-4936

"Leave behind what you find; if you must take something, take pictures."