From:
James Dolan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Dolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 20:30:59 -0400
    It looks like we are going to have good weather this weekend. The
perfect time for a blockbuster. This is good because we are having big
one.  We are surveying the Yellow Creek watershed in Colimbiana,
Jefferson and Carroll counties.  This area covers parts of 4 different
atlas regions.  Birders from regions 52, 53, 62, and 63 are converging
saturday morning at 6:00am at the Burgholz Fire Hall in northern
Jefferson county.  We will also meet back at the fire hall in the
evening for a cookout and to compare notes.
   The Yellow Creek watershed contains riparian corridors, hemlock
gorges, reclaimed grasslands, forests and farm lands.  Most of the area
is easily accessible, with roads running parallel to most creeks.    The
local Amish community is allowing birders onto their farms. We are also
going to be given special access to some reclaimed grasslands. Most of
the area has never been thoroughly birded.
   Some of our target birds are Ravens, Blue Grosbeaks, Swainson's
Warblers, and Common Mergansers.
   If you think you would like to take part in  this great opportunity.
Feel free to contact one fo the Coordinators listed below.

     Jim Dolan,  Region 53
        330 831 1744

     Chuck McClaugherty, Region 52
        330 821 6020