From:
Kate Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kate Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2009 19:07:35 -0700
Unfortunately we were too busy with yard chores this weekend to visit any of the really cool "dripping with birds" locations this weekend.  But it was OK, since a pair of Brown Thrashers chose the globe willow bush in our back yard to begin nesting in!  A very cool first-time visitor to our gardens, and it was fun to watch them hopping all over gathering twigs and placing them just so up in the willow for the last two days.  Can't wait to watch them nest over the next few weeks!

Also had the first-ever warbler in the yard.  A beautiful male yellow-rumped.  Pretty average as warblers go, I know, but still pretty cool for a former hayfield!!

Good birding to all!
Kate in Smithville