From:
Lee Underschultz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 11:18:43 -0400
Lee Underschultz
Firefly Hollow
Little Hocking, OH
Athens/Washington counties

At around 10:30 AM just outside the city limits of Belpre, OH (Washington
county) I spotted a Sandhill Crane in the Kraton plant's employee recreation
area. This is located just on the southern edge of town along Rt.618 (the
river road). It is located just north and across the road from the Kraton
plant's main entrance along the Ohio River.

Of course I did not have my binoculars with me but it was close enough to
make a definite I.D. on it. I took a couple of shots on my cell phone but
don't know how much they will show it. It was grazing in the grassy area in
front of the picnic shelters in the middle of a flock of Canada Geese.

I called a friend who was on her way over to my place and told her to swing
by the area to see it. She did see it. But it then flew off northward.