Date:
Fri, 1 May 2009 17:10:00 EDT
This morning I walked parts of Area's M & N of the Hoover Nature  Preserve
in southern Delaware County. The water levels have risen dramatically  in
the past week and the knee height boots I had were not high enough to get
into the entire back regions of my nest box trail. Hip boots next trip!
However,  the activity in the parts I managed to check was a good sign. I located
27 male  Prothonotary Warblers and watched them collecting moss to build
their false  nests in anticipation of the soon to arrive females. How a male
Prothonotary  Warbler can sign so loud with a beak full of moss still amazes
me. Other  activity was steady and varied with 9 species of warblers, 5
species of thrush  and the usual other expected residents.

Observed species included, in part:
Double-crested Cormorant
Wood  Duck
Blue-winged Teal
Osprey
Barred Owl
Chimney  Swift
Red-headed Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Great Crested  Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
Warbling Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Blue-gray  Gnatcatchers
Veery
Gray-checked Thrush
Swainson’s Thrush
Hermit  Thrush
Wood Thrush
Gray Catbird
Tennessee Warbler
Nashville  Warbler
Northern Parula
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped  Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Palm Warbler
Prothonotary  Warbler
Louisiana Waterthrush
Baltimore Oriole

Charlie Bombaci
Hoover Nature Preserve

**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)