From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 09:15:36 -0700
We had a very low turnout for our DAS youth birding walk at Spring Valley Wildlife Area this morning.  Things were slow compared to Magee yesterday, but we managed to find 53 species.

Scarlet Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, both male and female
Indigo Bunting
Acadian Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
E. Wood Pewee
E. Phoebe
Baltimore Oriole
Orchard Oriole
Green Heron
Pileated Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Red-eyed Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Red-shouldered Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Barred Owl
Belted Kingfisher
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Yellow-billed Cuckoo (seen by others right after we left!)
Carolina Wren
House Wren

Warblers:
Prothonotary
Northern Parula
Tennessee
Blackpoll
American Redstart
Yellow
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow-rumped Warbler

All the regulars - Robins, cardinals, etc.

Cindy and Jim Beckman
www.cheepersbirding.com