BCTA Archives

June 2009

BCTA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Butler County Township Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 14:14:22 -0400
I have read in the Hamilton Journal News the Butler County Commissioners are asking the Townships to assume the cost of the maintenance contract for our 800 radios.  When the Commissioners imposed the additional sales tax, they asked for and received the Townships support with the understanding that this tax would be used to fund and maintain the 800 network.  If I remember correctly, Commissioner Furmon even attended a BCTA meeting and assured us the tax would be used for the 800 system including its maintenance and the excess revenue would go to the County general fund.  I have empathy for the Commissioners and their budget problems, but most of us have our own budget crisis.  I don't think any of us have budgeted for radio maintenance.  I feel it would be both more appropriate and effective for Christine, as President of the BCTA, to represent us at a Commission meeting and object to this transfer of cost.

Just my thoughts.  Wondering what everyone else thinks .

Nick

--
Nick Schwab
6844 Dunwoody Rd