OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2009

From:
Brenda Tekin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Tekin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:36:03 -0400
Back in May my husband and I visited the areas along Lake Eerie near Port
Clinton.  Having lived in Florida for 10 years, in addition to observing and
photographing BROWN PELICAN along coastal Virginia, it just did not occur to
me that BROWN PELICAN along Lake Eerie were not a common occurrence.  Had I
done research like checking the Ohio rare bird list prior to our trip to
Ohio, I would have made it a point to photograph the adult BROWN PELICAN
that flew in and landed close to shore at the Marblehead Lighthouse on
Sunday, May 17, 2009 at approximately 7:15 p.m.

Brenda Tekin

Brenda Tekin -  <http://www.birdsofvirginia.com/> www.birdsofvirginia.com

BlueMountains Nature Photography, including Birds of Virginia
 <BLOCKED::mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] / Cell:
(434) 962-4936

Stuarts Draft, Augusta County, VA

"Leave behind what you find; if you must take something, take pictures."