OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2009

Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:38:49 -0400
A 10 minute stop at Tinker's Creek State Nature Preserve turned up:
Yellow and Common Yellow throat warblers
many northern flickers
tree swallows
blue gray gnatcatchers
2 brown creepers!
a sole Lincoln's sparrow
several Eastern towhees
and the usual suspects.

Over at Herrick Fen spent 30 minutes

Relocated 4 green herons (saw 4 the other day and am 100% sure 2 are a
nesting pair) as well as nesting brown thrashers at the base of the third
tree on the east side of the established trail. Also one cedar waxwing
feeding something to another. Not sure whether the food was an insect or a
fruit .... too far away for my bins to determine.

There are some flycatchers there that are neither eastern phoebes nor wood
peewees, but beyond that maybe someone else will have time to check them out
and let me know what you think?

Pulled into my drive here in Summit County and was greeted by a pair of pine
siskins. They did nest here, however had not seen any for a few weeks.

Renee