OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2009

From:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:13:02 -0400
I don't mean to stir anything up. I ask the following questions because
I love to bird Ottawa and opening the entire auto drive daily would help
the economy in NW Ohio and give everyone more flexibility in planning
trips (and finding their life bird).

I have always wondered why all of Ottawa NWR is only open to the public
once a month? I have been to many other NWRs that are open almost
everyday of the year. What is so special about Ottawa? Is there a rare
breeding species that I am not aware of? Are hunters limited to one day
a month during the hunting season?

NOTE: I did not contact Ken Beers by any means before sending this
e-mail so don't think he has anything to do with my questions so please
don't barrage him with e-mails concerning my post. I don't know what his
views are. He may or may not agree with me, I just piggybacked on his
originally post.

Please reply privately instead of to the entire list.

John Habig
261 Lantis Dr.
Carlisle, Ohio 45005