OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2009

From:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 01:17:36 -0400
Thank you to all who helped out with the Findley State Park Blockbusting Weekend.  Our target was the southern area around regions 39 and 40.

Organizers:
Brad Phillips
Grant Thompson

Field Trip leaders:
Dane Adams
Helen & Ken Ostermiller
Jan Auburn
John Katko
Kit Birch
Liz Clingman
Paul Sherwood
Penny O’Conner
Ray Stewart
Roger Nikiforow

Field trip participants:
Adele Straub
Alicia Elmer
Bonnie Law
David Riggs
Dick & Jean Hoffman
Elza Phillips
Eric Bruder
Ginny Gialow
Harriet Alger
Helen Taft
Jan Auburn
Jack Smith
Joe Strong
Kate Pilacky
Mary Poldruhi
Mike Smith
Susan Yost
Tom Fishburn
Tammy Martin

Property owners for allowing access:
Dan Butler
Dane Adams
Jarvis Babcock
Jill Budzelek
Mary McConnell

Generally being helpful, with data entry, arranging private property access, and so much more!
Arlene Lengyel
Bill & Laura Jordan
Bridget Garrett
Dick & Jean Hoffman
Joe Martincic
Kate Pilacky
Penny O’Conner

This event was a success in a variety of ways, first of all we had a great time getting out to new places and birding.  We also managed to add at least 433 sightings and 84 hours to at least 22 blocks.  My personal goal was to find a Vesper Sparrow, something that should be common in fields with Horned Larks.  We heard many of Horned Larks in many fields, but yet no Vesper…. Until Sunday when a few of us had great looks at a singing Vesper Sparrow, thanks Brad!

41 people helped make this event possible, thank you, each and everyone.

Special thanks to those who plan on going back out to this area to add additional sightings to the Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas.

Thank you all!
Terri Martincic