OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2009

Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:13:40 -0400
Addendum to my original post: (as pointed out to me by an astute
lister) the waxwings seem not to have been specifically researched,
however are mentioned therein.

In the search box on aforementioned link, entering into search box:
ticks waxwings

leads one to the article below.

An Epidemic of Bird Ticks? (Ixodes brunneus)

Nature: The winter of 2005-2006 appears to have brought an epidemic of
Bird Ticks, Ixiodes brunneus, and tick paralysis.
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek060115.html - 37KB - Thu, 10 Apr
2008 21:19:25 GMT