OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2009

From:
"popembarqmail.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
popembarqmail.com
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:55:22 -0400
Steve, There was a sucessful Bald Eagle nest at Indian Lake this year and
probibly was the destination of this bird. I have been an eagle nest monitor
now for nine years and never had we failed to get a report from Big Island
or Killdeer Plains until this year ! Do you or ANYONE out there know if
these nests produced eaglets ? Hundreds of birders have had to see them. I'm
currently watching nine nests around the Mohican -Kokosing area and am
pinned down. I did check the Galion Nest last week and found that two
unreported chicks had fledged. Thanks for any help.   Jon