OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2009

From:
Adam Cirone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Cirone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:11:28 -0400
I took a long drive down to Tar Hollow State Forest, which turned out
to be a beautiful forest with great hiking trails. I walked parts of
the Logan Trail (not even half), which begins near the firetower.

Scarlet Tanager (small groups of them at several spots)
Wood Thrush (at least two of them in different spots)
Pileated Woodpecker (only glimpses)
Hooded Warbler?? (uncertain, but I think it was a young male, lacking
the full hood)
Ovenbird
Warbling Vireo
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Carolina Wren (some very scruffy looking ones)
Downy Woodpecker
White-breasted Nuthatch
Tufted Titmouse
Gray Catbird (many of them near Pike Lake)
Northern Cardinal

Adam Cirone

mobile: (330) 257-9533