OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2009

From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:32:22 -0400
This must be the year of black and white warblers.  I've seen more this year
than total for the past five years.

The first, I assumed was a late migrant (late May), but when I had two
different sightings within 50 feet of each other (mid-June), and both
actively seeking insects, I felt those were probably nesters.

As Rob suggests, they seem to be found along streams with dense undercover.

Margaret Bowman
Licking Co., OH