OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2009

From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:07:52 -0400
I have not followed this story in detail so forgive me if I am redundant to
anything previously posted.

We just returned from a week at Hilton Head and there were White Ibis
everywhere.  Here are some pictures that show the variability from very
white adults to dark juveniles.  When you speak of 'white rump patch' I
suspect the bird being observed is a juvenile and probably dark all over
rather than white.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvalencic/WhiteIbisAtHiltonHead2009#

Matt Valencic
Chagrin Falls, OH