OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2009

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:10:07 -0400
On Thursday as I was riding my bicycle to work in Springfield I heard a
Bell's Vireo singing. I looked for it in the evening but didn't find it.
This morning Larry Jeanblanc and I returned to the area and found it
this time. We just got the briefest of glimpses of the bird but we
listened to it sing for several minutes. We found it at about 8:45 this
morning. The bird is along the bike trail less than 100 yards east of
the corner of Linden Avenue and East Washington Street in Springfield.
This is just about three blocks from the center of town. There is a
gravel area in a vacant lot that you can park at and I'm pretty sure
nobody would bother you there.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio