OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2009

From:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2009 09:46:14 -0400
Hello all,

Am I the only one with Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas data to enter?  If you too are going thru field notes here are a few tools you might find useful for locating atlas block numbers:

Get GPS coordinates here (thanks Jean!):
http://geonames.usgs.gov/domestic/
Use GPS coordinates to find the block number using the Block identifier tool:
http://www.ohiobirds.org/obba2/blockmap/latlon2block.php

Interactive Block Mapper:
http://www.ohiobirds.org/obba2/blockmap/statemap.php
Can be used along with Delorme map book, seventh edition

Or bring your summer birding notes to Data Get Together, we'll help with data entry:

Data Get Together East
Cleveland Museum of Natural History library
1 Wade Oval Drive, Cleveland
August 19, Sept 16, October 21, 2009
Third Wen of most months (excluding May, June, Nov, Dec)
5:00-7:30 pm
Free and open to the public

Data Get Together West
Lorain County Metro Parks