OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Chris Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:02:47 -0400
To all in the Cleveland area, a normally restricted area of Cleveland's Gordon Park is having an open house todat from 7:30AM to 2 PM for thier Fall Migration Mania.  Dike 14 is 88 acres of a former dredge disposal site that juts out into Lake Erie.  It is the only completely naturalized site on Lake Erie's south shore within 60 miles of Cleveland according to the site.  There will be guided tours every hour, but with limited availability.  With the weather shift of the past few days, there may ba a great fallout of migrants today, Hopefully we can miss the rain!

Link to the Dike 14 Site  http://www.dike14.org/upcoming_events.html

DIRECTIONS

Exit #177 from I-90. Parking is available at Gordon State Park. Entrances from North Marginal at E. 72nd Street, from North Marginal between E. 72nd and MLK, and park office entrance from Lakeshore Boulevard east of MLK. Additional space at E. 55th State Park (Exit SR 2).