OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:11:02 -0400
At 1:10am on September 20, my nocturnal flight call recording setup
recorded a Dickcissel as it flew over my house in downtown Columbus.

Other birds I've recorded calling during night migration in recent
days include Solitary Sandpiper, hundreds of Swainson's Thrushes,
dozens of Gray-cheeked Thrushes, some Veeries, Bobolinks, Savannah
Sparrows, American Redstarts, Ovenbirds, Cape May Warblers,
Black-throated Blue Warblers, Chestnut-sided Warblers, Indigo Bunting,
Scarlet Tanager, and Green Heron.  Plus hundreds of other calls that
are harder to identify.

If anyone would like me to email them a sound file of any of the above
birds, I'd be happy to.

Good birding,

Dave Slager
Columbus, OH